Passing The Integrity Test
Today’s reflection on #50daysto50 is about the integrity test. If you have missed the other reflections during our 50days theme, you can go to wendytwine.com/50daysto50.
The last reflection I talked about flirting with disaster but it wasn’t from a temptation point of view but an apathy or complacency point of view. Being in that state of apathy is because we have lost our passion for living in different areas of our lives. It can also be that you have lost passion for the dream in your life to inhabit the promise land.
Flirting with Disaster
But what about when it comes to flirting with disaster from a temptation point of view? God wants to promote man but he wants to make sure we have the integrity to handle that which he has gifted us with.
This can be the dream you are pursuing and you may be at stage two of the four major stages: black hole is our betrayal stage, the wasteland is the integrity and the perseverance stages/tests. The final stage is the success test.
God will allow us to be tested in our personal lives like Jacob was when his Master’s wife came to seduce him. It can be us too are being seduced or doing the seducing/flirting with disaster at the office or job site.
It can be you flirting with disaster in your personal finances or in your business. Are you setting taxes aside or you just say I’ll do it another day or pay it later.
Passing The Test
I personally have been through numerous tests, as I believe we all go through integrity tests. Will you be true to your relationships at home or will you give excuses for being late just so you can hang after ours to chat at one of the co-workers?
Regardless of any scenario I paint, the enemy of our soul comes after us when we are pursuing our God given dream to set us up for failure and heartache.
I want to give you 7 ways to help you in the integrity test from Os Hillmans’ book “The Upside of Adversity” to show you how you can pass this test.
- Start with A Commitment: Draw the line in the sand on where you will not compromise yours and your spouse’s relationship or business relationships. Satan is the tempter not God. (Jas. 1:13-15). I personally will not allow men into my home to visit without my husband or someone else present if I’m home alone.
- Share Your Commitment with Another Person: This will help you be accountable. You don’t have to share every explicit detail but someone who you can trust to help you rise higher.
- BeAware of Temptation Triggers During Stressful Times: Ask the Holy Spirit to comfort you, because he is to be your comforter and tell him that you do not want to sin.
- Flee Temptation: This is huge for me and my husband. It doesn’t have to be just someone coming after your spouse, pornography, etc. This can also be between you and your spouse. If you aren’t honoring each other (e.g. pursuing world war 3).
- Remember How Sin Has Consequences and A Cost: The story of King David and Bathsheba (2 Samuel 2:11) is an example of one that affected generational sin for the lives of his children. It’s not worth giving into the thing that will destroy you and set up future generations for heartache.
- Meditate on God’s Word: Its very important to hide the word of God in your heart so you don’t sin against him according to Psalms 119:11. Another one is Dwelling on good and wholesome things that Philippians 4:8 tells us.
- Put on God’s Armor: Just like you put on physical clothes everyday, you need to get dressed spiritually as well. Ephesians 6:11-18 goes into detail on what these items are and their purposes.
If you can apply these principles, this will help you to not only overcome temptation but help you to be a person of integrity. Which of the 7 ways spoke most to you?